We are preparing for the fifth annual DINNER ON THE BRIDGE.
High water has been a concern but it is gone and the ground is drying quickly.
We will have the dinner on the bridge and you will be able to park at the bridge
Information about the Friends Organization.
- Date & Time: Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 6:30 P.M.
- Caterer: LaDonna Mitchell, Country Cookin, Inc., Salem, IN.
- Menu: Fried Chicken and Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Green Beans, Broccoli Salad, Grape Salad, Dinner Rolls. Homemade Pie, Iced Tea, Lemonade and Water.
- Serving style: Buffet except for the meat which will be served by the caterer. There will be two serving lines.
- Questions: 812.966.2491 or 812.498.5892
- Tickets: Mail a check for $20.00/ticket to FMCBA, P.O. Box 132, Medora, IN 47260 and the tickets will be mailed to you. It is helpful , but not required, if you include a self addressed, stamped envelope.
- Cut Off Date: We need to let the caterer know by Saturday, July 25. We are ordering extra food and will have some tickets available after that date on a first come first served basis.
- Program: Live entertainment and numerous door prizes, plus the chance to visit with old friends and meet new people.
- 2014 DINNER ON THE BRIDGE: 194 people were served. Those who attended seemed to enjoy the evening and the Friends Organization considered it a huge success.
Some of the activities we are involved with include:
Name: Friends of the Medora Covered Bridge and Area (FMCBA).
- Membership fee: $10.00/year/individual and $15.00/year/family. Checks can be mailed to: FMCBA, P.O. Box 132, Medora, IN 47260.
- Membership year: July 1-June 31.
- Placing a guestbook at the bridge to document the number of visitors. (See Visitor's Comments Page)
Background involvement in the rehab of the bridge.
Input with securing highway signs for the bridge.
Painting lettering on the ends of the bridge.
Getting permission and raising funds for a security system for the bridge (still in progress).
Greeting visitors and giving tours at the bridge when we are able to provide volunteers. (Some people want things pointed out while others just want to look and we respect that.)
Making arrangements for cleaning out the trees, brush and vines to keep them from growing into the bridge and causing damage.
Keeping the area mowed (We have purchased a zero turn mower and a weed-eater.).
Funding and making available a brochure on the history of and information about the bridge and other points of interest in the area. (We purchased 20,000 brochures two years ago. We are in the planning stages for another brochure. If you are interested in being a sponsor, or just helping with the expenses, let us know.)
Involvement with other festivals in the area.
Making presentations at schools and organizations.
Picking up the trash and cleaning the picnic tables daily, weather permitting. (We are not able to have trash containers at the bridge because of flooding. It is helpful and appreciated when people remove their own trash).
Involvement with the Indiana Covered Bridge Society.
Maintaining this web site.
The Indiana Covered Bridge Society is an Organization designed to encourage and help in the preservation of the covered bridges in Indiana. For membership information and activities see: www.indianacrossings.org