The sixth annual Dinner on the Bridge will be held
Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 6:30 P.M..
The tickets may be purchased by sending a check for $22.00 each to:
P.O. Box 132
Medora, IN 47260
Including a self addressed, stamped envelope
is helpful, but not required.
Tickets are also available at the
Jackson County Visitor's Center in Seymour
The Caterer once again is:
LaDonna's Country Cookin in Salem, Indiana.
LaDonna has tickets available
The menu is:
Fried Chicken and Ham (Subject to change.).
Assistance is provided for those who need it.
The bridge is handicap accessible.
There are door prizes and entertainment.
- Approximately 250 people were served. We were able to seat everyone and serving at both ends helped speed things up.
- Everyone seemed to enjoy the entertainment. The donation of a high powered but quiet generator did help cut down the noise. It would be great to have electricity at the bridge. Because of the length of the bridge, it is difficult to provide adequate sound.
High water was a concern but fortunately the rains stopped and the ground dried.
- The temperature was as nice as you could ask for on August 1.
We do appreciate all those who donated door prizes.
- We could not have succeeded with this event without all those who volunteered time and services and it was appreciated. We always have room for more volunteers.
Information about the Friend's Organization
Some of the activities we are involved with include:
Name: Friends of the Medora Covered Bridge and Area (FMCBA).
- Membership fee: $10.00/year/individual and $15.00/year/family. Checks can be mailed to: FMCBA, P.O. Box 132, Medora, IN 47260.
- Membership year: July 1-June 31.
- Placing a guestbook at the bridge to document the number of visitors. (See Visitor's Comments Page)
Background involvement in the rehab of the bridge.
Input with securing highway signs for the bridge.
Painting lettering on the ends of the bridge.
Getting permission and raising funds for electricity and a security system for the bridge (still in progress).
Greeting visitors and giving tours at the bridge when we are able to provide volunteers. (Some people want things pointed out while others just want to look and we respect that.)
Making arrangements for cleaning out the trees, brush and vines to keep them from growing into the bridge and causing damage.
Keeping the area mowed (We participate in the DNR Adopt-A-Site.).
Funding and making available a brochure on the history of and information about the bridge and other points of interest in the area. (We purchased 20,000 brochures two years ago. We are in the planning stages for another brochure. If you are interested in being a sponsor, or just helping with the expenses, let us know.)
Involvement with other festivals in the area.
Making presentations at schools and organizations.
Picking up the trash and cleaning the picnic tables daily, weather permitting. (We are not able to have trash containers at the bridge because of flooding. It is helpful and appreciated when people remove their own trash).
Involvement with the Indiana Covered Bridge Society.
Maintaining this web site.
The Indiana Covered Bridge Society is an Organization designed to encourage and help in the preservation of the covered bridges in Indiana. For membership information and activities see: www.indianacrossings.net